March 18, 2012

The story of the travelling red jacket





                                   Photos: Michael Dooney


I love wearing a red jacket in Germany. I feel loud and proud! I find that people here (understandably) look at little sad and depressed throughout the winter months. Greys and blacks dominate the outer wear. I DID follow this morbid trend until this jacket arrived in the post.... though a few months delayed:( 

Unfortunately this jacket ended up going on a tour of the world before it arrived in Berlin. Mum, dad and Kaye bought this jacket for me for Christmas (THANKS)... but it never arrived in time. So I waited and waited, only to find out that it had made it's way to Perth instead of Berlin. So after having both mum and kaye try it on (yeah sure, you just had to make sure that it fit:) ) it arrived in Berlin ....  though in the form of a letter from Customs. Yes they thought a jacket and a pair of shoes were suspicious. So on a cold wintery morning we made our way to the customs office to argue our way out of paying tax for a Christmas present. Luckily Michael's German arguing skills paid off and we finally emerged with the package from Aus! 

Thanks again to my fam for such a lovely Chrissy present:)


4 comments:

  1. Jacket looks great! Photos are awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute story. I love it. This red coat is beautiful! I have a similar one but always feel like I stand out when I wear it. After looking at yours I think that's just a risk I'll have to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jacket is gorgeous. No wonder you love it so much. The color is great.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics!! follow each other??

    lachambrefiore.blogspot.com

    kisskiss from italy
    Fiore

    ReplyDelete