June 23, 2012

Marni x H&M challenge

The Marni x H&M challenge complete!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Kassy's Outfit
(Blazer: Topshop. Shoes: Asos. Tank: Agent 99)

I was so excited to see these pants finally arrive on my doorstep after their looooooong flight from Berlin! I'm so lucky to have a sister on the other side of the world who understands what its like to have a fashion itch that needs to be scratched. When I visited mahaila in Berlin, I was so jealous to see she had easy access to some amazing stores...my favourites were the Acne store and All Saints store... not to mention the amazing boutiques we visited that were unlike anything in Australia. But it was even her accessibility to H&M that made me jealous. Sure, something from H&M may not be special to some people.... but the story behind these pants epitomizes what this blog is really about... sharing fashion inspirations from across the globe :)



Photos: Michael Dooney


Mahaila's Outfit
 
I wanted to send the Marni pants off to Kassy as quickly as possible so I challenged myself to make a top in an hour. I had this black lace type fabric which I purchased in Potsdam at the travelling Fabric market. I played around with the hem and shaped it to suit the style of the pants. It was quite the adventure walking with these pants on. The crotch sits at a strange position on me, so walking up stairs was quite difficult. I think that Michael found it quite amusing. 

Thanks to Kassy for the challenge. Consider the challenge of the Marni pants compete!   


9 comments:

  1. Nice challenge :) Those pants speacially deservs the efford.

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the fabric of the pants.

      Thanks!

      mahaila

      Delete
  2. i love kassy's outfit!amazing shoes and those pants are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving both of these looks!!! :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing outfit dear, I'm in love with it!!
    Visit my blog on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.com and my fb page on www.facebook.com/laviecestchic hope you like it!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white shoes in the upper outfit are HOT!

    ReplyDelete